Adult (18+) Workshops & Classes
Wednesdays 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Use the studio for inspiration and/or to collaborate with other artists. A model will be provided once we have 6 students interested.
$5/hour or $10/hour w/instruction.
Please let us know you are coming at 401-524-6504 or email@example.com
Fridays; 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Starting November 9
$100 6 classes or $20 a class
Starting with the basics, you will get an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of drawing and finding your style. Good for beginners and returning artists who have been away from their practice.
We will cover:
- Explore drawing medium - graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, eraser, paper, pen
- Use the elements of value, contrast, texture, form, shape, pattern, space and color to create compositions in black & white & color
- Look at the drawings that have stood the test of time
- Learn 1, 2, and 3-point perspective and how to use it in building your compositions
- Learn how to observe and draw from life
- Drawing the human face and figures
- The compositional sketching of still life and landscape
Fridays: 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Painting is a skill that can be mastered by anyone. It is not dependent on talent. Any skill can be learned and practiced, and painting is no exception. The purpose of the painting lessons featured on this site is to provide the learner knowledge, experiment with a range of painting medium and encourage practice. With the right knowledge, and ample practice, your painting skills will improve - no matter what your current skill level.
$150 (6 classes)
This course is for those who have always wanted to learn to paint in watercolor but have never had the time or the courage to try. This course has been perfected over a number of years and will give students a solid grounding from which to progress. A great brushup to students returning to the medium.
Fridays11:00 - 1:00 pm Ongoing
$100 for 6 classes or $20 a class
Materials & Setup Watercolor Techniques (demonstrations) Composition & Elements of design
We will experiment with still life, portraits, landscape and/or abstract painting and start to evolve your personal style. We will refer to artists who have stood the test of time such as Winslow, Homer and Sargeant as well as more contemporary artists who use watercolor as a journalling and sketching technique